Please ignore the terrible fluorescent lighting that subjects the following photos to look less appetizing than one may think. And although these ingredients may have never been imaginable in your minds to be an epic success, they are.
- 2 slices of thick cut bread (sourdough, or oat bread would be best)
- 1 apple, sliced thin (I used a Honey Crisp apple)
- ½ a sweet onion, sliced long
- ¼ cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. coconut butter
- 1 tbsp. seedy mustard (optional_
Heat a small frying pan with coconut oil spray (or butter). Sauté the onions on low-medium heat until soft and brown. Set aside. Slather coconut butter onto one side of each bread slice. Place one on frying pan and layer the onions and cheese on first slice. When grilled, layer apple slices atop the cheese and second slice of bread (butter side up). Carefully flip the sandwich. Remove from pan when grilled and cheese has melted.